Just wanted to comment that watching cannels like Midwest Magic Cleaning and Cleaning with Barbie on youtube genuinely helps me clean at home. I put them on in the background while doing chores sometimes. Other times I put them on just to watch and suddenly find myself doing chores in the middle of them. And other times I just sit and absorb the video, but I take what I learn and apply it over the next few days and suddenly I'm making runs to the goodwill (or trash, or both) and stacking empty storage bins in the garage LIKE A BOSS.
My parents had very difficult lives and I grew up in a borderline hoarded home, mom cleaned constantly like a champ, she worked so hard, but it's just impossible to keep up with four dogs, eight cats, three guinea pigs, and 10-15 daycare children at any given hour.
I have always had fairly decent cleaning habits (I could use help with floors still but I don't let anything else stay visibly dirty) but the clutter, oh the clutter. our house was always bursting with it and while mine is not as bad, it is always threatening to become overwhelming and it is never really clean or tidy in areas like say, my closet. Or desk. Or garage. I am trying, I am working so hard at getting better at this. It is improving. The cleaning channels really help.
I am also currently addicted to asmr august, who often soothes me to sleep pretending to study my face and arms and stuff. or I watch her slowly style someone's hair and it just feels nice and I fall asleep.
I have watched asmr for well over ten years now, I was an early adopter over at massageasmr, and then watched luneinnate for a long time. jillian is a bit of a woowoo pothead though and august is more neutral. I spent some time over at jellybean green for a bit back in the day and I am sad that she left and grateful for her otoscopes and the spectacular sci-fi medical exam videos, "what ARE you???" :) she had a really fun role play one where you like, woke up inside of a cult, too, that was a super fun silly one.
got all the dishes done after resolving to just curl up in bed, thanks to barbie. Brought her into the kitchen with me like a lil body double/housework buddy. She is SUCH a sweet and kind person. Walking into dirty hoarded homes often comes with very sad stories, and these cleaners have to walk through these people's lives and it's a lot for them to take on and they do it with such strength and compassion.
(I died on the vine last night and never finished this entry, so, posting it this morning. I've just been so tired.)
My parents had very difficult lives and I grew up in a borderline hoarded home, mom cleaned constantly like a champ, she worked so hard, but it's just impossible to keep up with four dogs, eight cats, three guinea pigs, and 10-15 daycare children at any given hour.
I have always had fairly decent cleaning habits (I could use help with floors still but I don't let anything else stay visibly dirty) but the clutter, oh the clutter. our house was always bursting with it and while mine is not as bad, it is always threatening to become overwhelming and it is never really clean or tidy in areas like say, my closet. Or desk. Or garage. I am trying, I am working so hard at getting better at this. It is improving. The cleaning channels really help.
I am also currently addicted to asmr august, who often soothes me to sleep pretending to study my face and arms and stuff. or I watch her slowly style someone's hair and it just feels nice and I fall asleep.
I have watched asmr for well over ten years now, I was an early adopter over at massageasmr, and then watched luneinnate for a long time. jillian is a bit of a woowoo pothead though and august is more neutral. I spent some time over at jellybean green for a bit back in the day and I am sad that she left and grateful for her otoscopes and the spectacular sci-fi medical exam videos, "what ARE you???" :) she had a really fun role play one where you like, woke up inside of a cult, too, that was a super fun silly one.
got all the dishes done after resolving to just curl up in bed, thanks to barbie. Brought her into the kitchen with me like a lil body double/housework buddy. She is SUCH a sweet and kind person. Walking into dirty hoarded homes often comes with very sad stories, and these cleaners have to walk through these people's lives and it's a lot for them to take on and they do it with such strength and compassion.
(I died on the vine last night and never finished this entry, so, posting it this morning. I've just been so tired.)
no subject
Date: 2026-09-09 09:49 am (UTC)Oh, I love Midwest Magic Cleaning too! I'm always eager to find out what his name is this time, and it is a friendly companion to clean with. I also have a borderline hoarded house and it's kind of oppressive trying to keep it livable.